Stopson Italiana managed the delivery of 4 off-base Acoustic Enclosures for a CCPP located in Turbigo, Northern Italy
Major project based on the supply of Stopson Italiana’s noise control solution to meet the acoustical needs of Turbigo’s CCPP, which has been recently modernized with new key components.
Since August 2021, Stopson Italiana has been in charge of the supply of 4 Acoustic Enclosures. The 800 MW gas-fired power plant is located in the municipality of Turbigo, in the Milan province, and comprises an 855 MV operating combined cycle unit, composed of two gas turbines and one steam turbine. Stopson Italiana’s soundproofing implantation will be specifically allocated to the gas turbines, generators, and auxiliaries.
Over the last year, the plant has been undergoing general revamping of its main infrastructure. Among the operations that have been carried out, it should be mentioned the positioning of the last component of the boiler chimney, the integration of a new generator, and the installation of an 94.3A gas turbine.
The 4 Acoustic Enclosures are engineered according to the components’ technical specifications and processed in Italy with special materials. They present the following configuration in terms of dimensions, manufacture, and noise target:
- L6,7 m W8,3 m H9,2 m – intumescent coating – 80 db(A) @, 1,5 m from the ground.
- L5,6 m W2,9 m H3,6 m – intumescent coating – 80 db(A) @,1,5 m from the ground.
- L16,2 m W5,8 m H6,8 m – intumescent coating – 80 db(A) @,1,5 m from the ground.
- L10,7 m W9,2 H9,4 – intumescent coating – 65 db(A) @ ,1,5 m from the ground.
Acoustic Enclosures by Stopson Italiana
Stopson Italiana’s acoustic enclosures are designed to satisfy all high-level technical specifications and custom-made requirements to acoustically isolate noisy machinery or create efficient quiet rooms.
Stopson Italiana offers two different products:
- Acoustic Enclosures for machinery soundproofing, providing total protection against noise by isolating the source.
- Soundproofed control cabins targeted to safeguard operators from external noise, especially in cases such as in-plant offices, control booths, test cabins, control rooms, and electro-acoustic laboratories.
Acoustic Enclosures stand out as one of the most appropriate solutions with a view to reducing noise pollution for a multitude of sources, including main turbines, auxiliary engines, internal combustion engines and generators sets, mobile generator sets (trailer-mounted) for electric energy production, cogeneration plants, natural gas compression groups, start-up and vacuum pumps, blowers, fans, mills, presses, vibrating devices, power transformers, and boilers.
Stopson Italiana’s acoustic enclosures and cabins can perform noise abatement by 15dB(A) to 50dB(A)+. Typical applications for our Acoustic Enclosures are:
- Energy production, including gas turbines, steam turbines, traditional industrial and recovery boilers, diesel generators, cogeneration plants (CHP);
- Chemical and petrochemical plants, including refineries, ethylene production, gasification, etc;
- Pipelines and natural gas compressor stations;
- Manufacturing and process industry, for instance, automotive industry, paper factories, printing houses, etc.
⟶ For More Information about Stopson Italiana’s soundproofing enclosures and cabins click here.