Multi-Inlet Silencers capable to handle flow discharge from 5 steam lines took place within one of the largest ongoing projects in Brazil.
The goal of the project was to ensure the best soundproofing performances at the maximum optimization ratio to fill all 5 steam lines into a single silencer body, while 3 of them discharging simultaneously. Inlet nozzles were placed each one with its specific diffuser and all of them were then conveyed into the upper absorptive section. This allowed Stopson Italiana to guarantee sound absorption while optimizing silencers’ space occupancy.
The solution – recently delivered – includes the supply of No.2 Steam Vent Silencer featuring the following characteristics:
- Ø 3250 mm x H 4100 mm, noise abatement of 85 dB (A) at 1 m
- Ø 2000 mm x H 820 mm, noise abatement of 85 dB (A) at 15 m
As an example, the multi-inlet feature allows the biggest silencer for different discharge conditions:
- Maximum flow rate 32.5 t/hr at 376°C for low pressure (6.5 barg of design pressure) with 8” inlet
- Maximum flow rate 180.1 t/hr at 420°C for medium pressure (17 barg of design pressure) with 12” inlet
- Maximum flow rate 262.0 t/hr at 460°C for high pressure (44 barg of design pressure) with 18” inlet
- Maximum flow rate 270.0 t/hr at 195°C for medium pressure (19 barg of design pressure) with 12” inlet
Our offering for Paper Mill application
Stopson Italiana has a wide range of products for Paper Mill applications, including Air Filtration, Duct Silencer, Acoustic Enclosures and Barriers, Steam Vent Silencers.
Our Vent Silencers are designed to reduce the noise level of exhaust piping to the atmosphere for pressurized gaseous fluids, such as air, vapor, natural gas, nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide, etc. They can be installed downstream any device acting as a link between a container of pressurized gaseous fluid and the atmosphere. The vent silencer can also provide high or low back pressure relief for the system ensuring proper operation.
Vent silencers can be reactive, absorptive or combined type depending on applications and required attenuation, which can reach as much as 75 dB(A).
Typical Applications for vent silencers are:
- Safety Valve (PSV)
- Relief valve (PRV)
- Control valve
- Start up valve
- Flash and Blow Down Tanks
Stopson Italiana’s offering for plant Blow-off cleaning does also include additional services and materials as described below:
- Steam blow flange
- Spectacle flanges with gaskets
- Demi water pumps
- Gate and globe valves
- Temperature and Pressure transmitters
- Pneumatic target plates inserters
- Blow-off Supervision
See more about our Silencers here.