Stopson Italiana now certified ISO 9001:2015 in compliance with new rules for Quality Management System
Stopson Italiana has just achieved the new ISO 9001:2015 certification, pointing its ethical awareness towards a full compliant and updated Quality Management System.
The certification highlights the company’s focus on pursuing a policy of continuous improvements, constantly keeping all its operating units up-to-date, ensuring customers affordable performance, products and services.
“We firmly believe in teamwork – said the CEO of Stopson Italiana -, for this reason, while adopting this new certification we ensure that stakeholders, such as customers, staff, suppliers feel more involved around common objectives”.
Defined by International Organization for Standardization, and provided in Italy by ICIM SpA (Istituto di Certificazione Italiano per la Meccanica), ISO 9001 is a standard that sets out the requirements for a quality management system. It helps businesses and organizations to be more efficient and improve customer satisfaction, sharing the culture of quality for the industrial mechanical sector.
The new version of the standard, ISO 9001:2015, has just been launched, replacing the previous version (ISO 9001:2008).
ISO 9001:2015 specifies requirements for a quality management system when an organization:
- needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements;
- aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
The main difference with the previous certification
The most noteworthy change to the standard is represented by its new structure. In facts, ISO 9001:2015 follows the same overall structure as other ISO management system standards (also known as the High-Level Structure). As a consequence it is more expedient using multiple management systems. Another difference is the focus on risk-based thinking, since this new version gives it increased prominence.
Contextual Analysis as a new core issue
An other important element of novelty regarding the definition of quality concerns the identification of the context in which the company operates.
Context of the organization is analyzed considering both the internal and external issues that can impact strategic objectives and the planning of the QMS.
In facts, clause 4 of ISO 9001:2015 mentions how the organization needs to evaluate itself and the various elements that influence its context, such the company’s culture, objectives and goals, complexity of products, flow of processes and information, size of the organization, customers, markets, etc.
Internal context can include its approach to governance, its contractual relationships with customers, and its interested parties.
In order to determine the external context, a more in depth analysis on social, technological, ethical, political, legal, and economic environment is required.
Examples of external context can include:
- Government regulations and changes in the law
- Economic shifts in the organization’s market
- Level of competition
- Events that may affect corporate reputation
- Changes in technology
The benefits in pills:
The new version ISO 9001:2015 brings the user a number of benefits. Among the others:
- A more relevant emphasis on leadership engagement
- Support in terms of addressing organizational risks and opportunities within companies
- Cross and multidisciplinary structure and language, useful in order to make use of multiple management systems (business continuity, environment, health & safety, social responsibility)
- A deeper insight on supply chain management’s efficiency
- Thought with a user-friendly approach in the service design
See more info about the Stopson Italiana’s certifications here.